amazingly wonderful index

Sunday 3 June 2007

best week ever = 3rd june

Best week ever - 3rd june


  • Last Sunday at work, one of the lights starts smoking. About 4 managers stood under it and watched for 30 minutes or so, then it stopped smoking, then they decided to evacuate the whole building.

  • It was really fun, 40ish Tesco staff huddled under a trolley bay (it was raining), loads in cars, customers coming into the car park and looking confused and then leaving. The fire brigade came 20 minutes later and finally declared the store as safe, we were allowed back in and met up with all the checkouts full of abandoned shopping and random trolleys of shopping left in the aisle. It was race against the heat to get all the frozen and chilled stuff back in!

  • Afterwards, I gave Jenny a lift to the station (my kind deed for the day) and drove to my friend Janine's house. There we got ready and hit the motorway for Blackpool.

  • I took a wrong turning and ended up on the M56, you see, the M56 and I have a somewhat complex relationship, for some reason I'm always drawn towards it. We managed to get on the right motorway in the end.

  • We were staying in Janines Grandmas caravan, when we found it we discovered the key didn't work. So we had to call her Aunt who drove up from Manchester with a copy of a key that worked. It was funny, we sat in the car and drank beer until she came. Fun.

  • We got in the caravan and say bye to her Aunt, then got ready to go out. Called a taxi and left around 11pm into the chavland that is Blackpool. We made friends with the Taxi man as usual (there and back) telling some story about how we had gotten married on holiday to some strangers and we were out celebrating our divorce. We had a spatula and a potato masher as props.

  • We went to Flares, made some friends, then around 2:30 went to the take away for pizza, made some more friends, then go the taxi back.

  • The next morning we went into Blackpool. Janine wanted to take me on the ride 'Valhalla' but after last time when she took me on 'Pepsi max the big one' and I felt like my bones were being crushed, it took her a lot of persuading. We had a beer first (yes, at 11am) and then queued up twice.

  • The ride was scary, dramatic music and loud chants, it was a log flume in the dark so you cant see the drops. Apart from it broke down twice, when it set off again Janine head butted me.

  • I found a poster and thought it was really cool, but when I unrolled it it turned out to be of a really old, lame British boy band 'blue'. It was funny.

  • We walked along the sea front, stopped in a couple of pubs and then got the tram back, ate and then was ready to set back home.

  • Janine took about 200 photos of the road/streets/pedestrians as I drove.

  • On Tuesday night, I webcamed with Sarah and decided to dress myself up as I were bored. She actually cried laughing at me.

  • On Friday, it was really hot so Janet and I went to the ampitheatre at uni and chilled. She fell asleep, I red, then we went to the pub.

  • Today (sunday) I did race for life for cancer research in a lovely park (it won park of the year in the uk 2006). I met up with people I work with at 9:30am (the race is supported by Tesco, so we all get cool tesco race for life t-shirts if we work there and do it together). The race started at 10:30, so we all got in line, some of us wearing pink fluffy wigs and set off.

  • A photographer came and took our photo, we will be in the local paper tomorrow.

  • I did it in 35 mins, which was not as fast as I did it last year, but not bad considering I had done no training at all.

  • Afterwards, we all crashed out on the grass and waiting for the other Tesco Staff to finish. It was a really got day and I got a bit burnt, but I have managed to race £70 for cancer research so I am proud of myself.

  • Expect photos above.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey sweets.
i want to see fire drill pictures.
love

About Me

My photo
27 year old girl from Yorkshire. I'm interested in girly things such as fashion and beauty, but I am also a massive gamer, I love my xbox, I love call of duty and I also am a bit of an apple fan girl too! Feel free to e-mail me on corinne@skinnedcartree.com if you have any questions!

fans